Thursday, June 24, 2010

Debut post? Not one you might expect

Yeah I know, I suppose you all wanna know, who am I? Sure I like anime and video games, seeing as thats what this blog centers around, but what exactly do I like? Personally, I think you'll find out enough about me as I post, but here is a little basics.

As a gamer:
Genre: Mostly rpgs. But i really have to be interested both storyline wise and gameplay wise. Also I like 2d fighting games, and fps.
Specific games: Most mario games, Pokemon, the Tales series, Guilty Gear, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, most Street Fighter games, The Conduit (though not for much longer >.>), Punchout, old Banjo-Kazooie games, ect, ect, ect.
Consoles: Pretty much any Nintendo System, and the XBox 360
Companies: Nintendo, Microsoft (usually), Namco, and Capcom

As an Otaku:
Genre: Fantasy, Mystery, and Comedy
Specific Titles: Case Closed, One Piece, the list goes on and on and on.
Specific Characters: Conan Edogawa, Monkey D. Luffy, again, the list goes on.
Cons Ive been to (yes I am a con goer and cosplayer): Anime Nebraskon (x3), Naka Kon, Minneapolis Anime Convention

Now then, for things actually important to this blog. As most people who are reading this blog would know, we just wrapped up e3. And while there is a lot to talk about, like the Kinect, whatever the hell Sony is doing with their motion control, and the plethera of returning franchises that Nintendo is reviving, mostly I wanna talk about two new consoles, the X Box 360 slim, and the Nintendo 3DS.

X Box 360 Slim: http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/gadgetpr0n/71167/The-New-Xbox-360-Review.html

I think that video sums up the technical side of this new system. So I guess that really leaves my opinion on it. Simply put, Im very, very impressed. As anyone who is on my facebook knows, I've been dying over this new system since Microsoft announced it (and yes, I was very very jealous who got one there for free). So why am I impressed with it? I just might have something to do with the fact that I dont own one. I mean, the design is impressive sure, but personally, I like the look of the Elite a bit more (the system I was originally trying for). Personally, I believe that its the fact that now, I don't have to save up and buy a hardrive, or a wireless adaptor, and all of those things needed to get the full xbox experience. Now Im free to use the money for an account, and games, and what not. I really do like the idea of online play, and as much of a Nintendo fanboy I am, even I have to admit that the Wii doesn't really have a lot of online capability. So personally, I think its exactly like Kevin said: If I had an Xbox, would I buy this one? Probably not. But, seeing as I dont, this is the one I want to go with. Plus, if I ever do decide to get the Kinect (which honestly I don't foresee it happening right now), then then this Xbox is already ready. So Im all ready to get online and start playing on this wonderful system. Hopefully I will have my hands on one by Saturday.

Nintendo 3DS: http://g4tv.com/videos/46913/Sesslers-Soapbox-Maybe-3D-Isnt-So-Bad/

Now Adam Sessler (one of the most intelligent men in this industry) has one opinion on the 3DS, and others might have a different one. Personally, Im very excited for it. One thing Nintendo is becoming incredibly infamous for being that sort of mysterious entity at e3, and the 3DS is that source of mystery. There was a trailer video, however nintendo opted not to focus on it in thier demonstration (http://mynintendonews.com/2010/06/24/nintendo-wii-nintendo-explain-the-lack-of-3ds-game-reveals-at-nintendo-e3-press-conference/). However, what we do know is, we're already talking about ports of both Legend of Zelda: Ocaraina of Time and Star Fox 64 to this system. Which, admitably enough, is very very impressive for a handheld system, a feat that I admit to never believing was possible. But appearantly, it is. And of course one of the most talked about 3DS games are Pokemon Black and White (which I'll talk about more in detail in a soon to come blog), and if you've seen the pictures, they look very, very impressive. Truly, it seems to me that Nintendo is the leader in innovation, which admitably doesnt always lead to a positive outcome, but I do like how Nintendo is attempting to be trend setters in the gaming industry. They created a system centered around motion control, and now Microsoft and Sony both are attempting their take on it, and now we have the very first, fully 3D handheld system, and I personally am very excited. Hopefully this system won't be all bark and no bite like the DSi (Im sorry, but I don't believe there was enough about the DSi to warrant buying it unless one didnt have a DS. Which is why, to this day, I still have a DS lite, and thats only becuase I traded my original DS for his DS lite). So my personal opinion on it? This handheld has all the potential in the world, Nintendo just has to realize it. And after seeing what they did with the Wii, im not too worried. Personally, I think Sony should leave the PSP alone, and invest that money in the PS3 (which desperatley needs it), becuase its never going to top the Nintendo 3DS.

Agree? Disagree? Or an unrelated comment? Comment here, or find my on Twitter @ghostpiratedj, or on Facebook: www.facebook.com/djghostpirate.

Stay Healthy, Have Fun
Dr. Buck

1 comment:

  1. I agree, except on you comment about Black and White; sadly, they aren't going to be 3DS titles. Yes, they will render 3D graphics, but they will not pop out of the screen.

    ReplyDelete